Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Blog 8 - Independent Component 1 Proposal

Me when someone asks me if I'm worried about IC. 



1.  Describe in detail what you plan to do for your 30 hours.
  • What I plan to do is hopefully be able to arrange a "celebration/get together" with our North House class in the MPR (if I get the permission). As you might know I am doing my project on Restaurant Business Management, and the way it relates to my topic is because as manager it is my duty to;
    • Have everything be sanitary
    • Make sure things are up to health code
    • Have a well organized "staff"
    • Supply Menu's
    • Supply the food
    • Make sure the customers (north house) feel comfortable
    • keep everything running smoothly
  • I feel I will be able to fill up my 30 hours because I will need to learn how to make proper menus with reasonable deals, and etc. Also, I would need to inspect the restaurant I work at to see health codes in order for me to know what I should fix in the MPR and etc. 
    • (p.s. I would appreciate it if you would be able to give me more ideas in order for this component to be better)
2.  Discuss how or what you will do to meet the expectation of showing 30 hours of evidence.
  • I will be able to show the evidence of my 30 hours working on this component because I will probably be at school for part of it, and can check in with my house teacher, but also record it on my docs. I will also like to work with other students that have similar ideas to mine and we can all record all the data we have including; pics, log entry's, recordings, and etc. And possibly show our teachers. 
3.  Explain how what you will be doing will help you explore your topic in more depth.
  • This idea will help me explore my topic more because I plan on basically running a small business. Even if it just takes up a day, or week, or month it will give me a visual of how it is when you manage a restaurant/business. It will give me a better understandment of all the work managers actually go under and will hopefully teach me some skills for the future. 
4.  Update your Senior Project Hours log.
  • New Link posted on blog "Senior Project hours - Leslie's mentoring hours"

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This sounds like a great idea. Come see me, and we will talk about a date and how much you will need to charge to cover your expenses. You might consider doing something for our Thanksgiving or Christmas celebration (although we might not be able to have the MPR then) or you might even think about working with some other people from other houses to do a senior event in the MPR. Catering a school lock in is another possibility. I support whatever you feel comfortable trying, and I'm very excited that you are going to include us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...and you shouldn't be worried about the IC. Just excited nervous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your summer hours, mentorship, and IC should all be on the same spreadsheet with separate headings.

    ReplyDelete