Thursday, October 29, 2015

Blog 10 - Interview 2 Reflection

This is me when I mentor. I am able to be happy around everyone.


1. Please explain how you are spending your mentorship time (Is it at a workplace or somewhere else?  Are you shadowing?  Are you able to do tasks that are meaningfully related to the topic?  If so, what?  Are there other people who are experts in the location?  Etc...)
     - Where I am currently mentoring I have been able to do tasks given to me. I have helped keep up with orders, have scheduled meetings, and have also attended catering thanks to the help my mentor. These things are some tasks that managers would usually do in order to keep their business running smoothly. Another person at the restaurant who has the same expertise as my mentor would be my dad, which is a manager as well, but because I know he will go easy on me I try to do more tasks with my mentor Ms. Bernal. 

2.  How did you find your mentor?  How did you convince this person to help you?   
    - My mentor was not difficult to find because she is a relative, but I know she will keep me busy helping her around the restaurant. Because she is family she didn't have any problem with me mentoring at Mi Lindo Apatzingan. 

3. How would you rate your comfort level with your mentor at this point in your relationship?  How does this relate to the time you've spent so far at mentorship/with this person
     - As is my aunt and I were close, but because we now help each other out at the restaurant our bond has grown stronger, so at this point I think I can say that my comfort level is at 100%. I feel fine going in anytime because all the staff at the restaurant is friendly and will treat you with respect which is what everyone wants. 

4. What went well in this interview?  Why do you think so?  What do you still need to improve?  How do you know?  How will you go about it?
     - I think this interview went well overall because she was able to answer my questions with the right words and she really let me know that I shouldn't give up on any situation because we are capable of fixing the problem handed to us. I would like to improve only further questions asked and maybe go into more specific questions related to the restaurant. I can go about it in an easy way. I just need to spend my time coming up with the right questions and I believe that when I come up with the questions I will be able to understand the restaurant business management better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment