Thursday, April 21, 2016

Blog 22 - Independent Component 2

This is the food we catered to this event.
Just a small view of the set up we did for the event.


(a) Include this statement:

  •  “I, Leslie Torres, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 35 hours of work.”
(b) Cite your source regarding who or what article or book helped you complete the independent component.

  • I believe my mentor Mrs. Bernal was my biggest help with completing my IC2 because she trusted me with organizing a catering event (which she helped me do), but she also lets me see all the different little jobs you have to do as a manager from fixing schedules,calendars, office to working with customers and going to events. Articles help you understand everything mentally, but my mentor allowed me to learn physically. 
(c) Update your Independent Component 2 Log (which should be under your Senior Project Hours link)

(d) Explain what you completed.    

  • What I completed for my IC2 was I was able to host a catering event within the restaurant with the help of Mrs. Bernal. I did not just come in the day of the event ready to do what a manager does, but I worked my way up to learning all the different things I had to do from greeting people to making sure they liked the food by going to mentorship and interacting with the customers. Mrs. Bernal later told me how she thought I did and she said she enjoyed the way I would talk to the guests because having good communication with everyone is always important, but also liked how I didn't ever show how tired I actually was, but showed the guests I was there ready and happy to serve them and host their event.
(e) Defend your work and explain the component's significance and how it demonstrates 30 hours of work.   Provide evidence (photos, transcript, art work, videos, etc) of the 30 hours of work.   

  • Pictures at the top of this Blog
(f)How did the component help you answer your EQ? Please include specific examples to illustrate how it helped.

  • I believe my IC2 helped me with my EQ because my answers revolve around taking control, being a leader, and advertisement. With this catering event I believe I was able to be the leader of the staff because I would tell them what time everything needed to get done,  how to set up, but also reminded them to stay organized with their own job. With the feedback Mrs. Bernal gave me I believe I did a good job at being in control because everything went smoothly and nothing seemed to go wrong. This catering helped with advertisement because I learned from an article named "Improve Your Restaurant Sales with Caterings" by Monica Parpal that with the smallest appearance you make at an event you make guests notice you exist and that way you let everyone know what they can expect if they visit your restaurant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment