Thursday, September 17, 2015

Blog 5 - Interview Reflection

1. What is the most important thing I learned from the interview?  Is there anything I would do differently for other interviews?
  • I learned many things from this interview, but Mrs. Bernal really emphasized when she said "you need to make sure you feel a passion towards the business you're opening because if you feel no passion you will eventually want to give up". Given this quote, now I realize that you cant give it your 100%  unless you love what you are doing. I also learned that customer service is everything. If you have great service you will gain customers and make them go again and again and again, but if you have rude employees the customers won't return which will make you lose profit. So, in order to keep your business running, make sure you know how to manage a team. 

2. Did I get additional resources and contacts?  What is the most useful?  Why?
  • I did get additional resources from my interviewee. She told me that I could honestly mentor any manager that has a good and growing business because they will give me certain clues on how they do what they do. I believe that if I am able to interview many more managers from different areas it will help me gain more knowledge on my senior project which will help me achieve my goal of getting a good score on this project. 

3. What makes my interviewee qualified to help me? 
  • My interviewee has lots of years of practice with being manager. Having managed this restaurant for around 5 years gives her enough credibility to know what helps the business run smoothly and what makes the business drop in its sales. She has been working in the restaurant business for over 10 years, but has worked her way up into becoming manager. That just shows she is doing something right. 

This is my mentor Mrs. Bernal as well as my interviewee. 











1 comment:

  1. Well, this was a little too short! No big deal...it was our first time trying it out, and we'll have more specific directions later. Yes, I would say that any kind of manager can be helpful. It would be great to talk to as many as you can!

    Also, put the image at the top of the post, okay?

    ReplyDelete