Friday, February 5, 2016

Independent Component 1

  • LITERAL
    (a) I, Leslie Torres, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 33 hours of work.
  • (b) Cite your source regarding who or what article or book helped you complete the independent component.    
    • My mentor Ms.Bernal is the one who guided me through my IC#1 by taking me to caterings, allowing me to help with her Christmas celebration and allowing me to work around the restaurant. 
  • (c) Update your hours in your Senior Project Hours link. Make sure it is clearly labeled with hours for individual sessions as well as total hours.
  • (d) Explain what you completed.    
    • I was able to complete the task of organizing our house Christmas Party with the help of my mentor. 
  • INTERPRETIVE 
    Defend your work and explain its significance to your project and how it demonstrates 30 hours of work.   Provide evidence (photos, transcript, art work, videos, etc) of the 30 hours of work.  
    • You might not think throwing a party is difficult, but when you get involved in "Party planning" you see it can be a hassle. I had to keep everyone's opinion open to try and please as many people as I could have. It is very important you go out and learn how to communicate with others, and that is exactly what I did.  (Pics below) I didn't personally take any pictures at our House Party, but I have pictures of events I was able to attend.
  • APPLIED
    My independent component helped me understand my topic better because while mentoring I learned customer satisfaction is going to get you where you need to be and because I was able to experience that I learned that if I wanted to continue down this path all I have to do is have a controlled staff in order to gain customers. My independent component was all about communication as well as satisfying everyone, and in the food industry you need to make sure you are communicating with everyone in order for your consumer to be happy and refer you to others. I communicated with everyone by asking them what the thought would be a better main dish to bring in and what type of desserts they would prefer. By appreciating everyone's thoughts it is sure that more people will enjoy the outcome of any given scenario

A catering a attended to that helped me with my IC#1

                                                         A catering I attended leading into my IC                                                               

                                                                   
.

This is another piece of evidence regarding my IC#1
.

No comments:

Post a Comment